Disclosure, Acknowledgement and Waiver
RE:mind is an educational program focused on lifestyle management based on available scientific research in the field of Alzheimer’s disease and other forms of dementias or cognitive decline. One component of the program is to deliver a personalized protocol/plan for each participant to incorporate into their overall health care in coordination with their regular health care provider(s). The program also provides follow-up professional support for participants.
Our goal for the RE:mind program is to offer you:
- Scientific and cognitive health knowledge
- Advocacy and Support
What you can expect:
- Learn how biologic factors and genetics influence Alzheimer’s disease and cognitive impairment
- Learn how nutrition plays a role in cognitive health
- Learn which foods are recommended for maximizing brain health, and which foods should be avoided
- Understand how exercise and proper sleep play a role in your brain health
- Receive a personalized lifestyle protocol recommended for you based on your personal history, genetics, and biologic factors
- Learn how to reduce stress through exercise, meditation, sleep and other activities
What you cannot expect:
- Although our providers will talk with you about medical information, we will not diagnose or assume oversight of the treatment of any illness or medical condition.
- We provide scientific information and protocols based on scientific information but we cannot guarantee that the information or protocol will result in a particular outcome or change in your health.
- Scientific information is changing all of the time, so we cannot assure that the information provided to you will not differ from currently available scientific information as it changes over the course of time.
- AFFIRMATIVhealth has brought together other experts in science and medicine, including The Buck Institute, Sonoma Valley Hospital, Muses Labs, and others, to deliver certain portions of the information, activities, and materials in the program. AFFIRMATIVhealth is not responsible for the information, actions or inactions of these parties.
- Although we retain copies of the Muses Lab report and notes of our affiliated physicians or other providers taken while discussing your test results, we do not retain your overall medical records or assume responsibility for your overall medical care.
- Any information or recommendations provided to you about your health should be discussed with your own physician or other health care provider to ensure that the recommendations are appropriate in the context of your overall health care and in combination with your current medications and medical treatments.
I am 18 years of age or older, and I have entirely read the above, and I am capable of understanding the terms herein. Therefore:
I acknowledge what I can and cannot expect from Re:mind as set forth above.
I acknowledge that AFFIRMATIVhealth is not responsible for the acts of third parties who participate in the RE:mind Program.
I acknowledge that except for physicians’ notes regarding discussion of Muses Lab test results and other providers notes taken during one-on-one sessions, AFFIRMATIVhealth does not retain medical records of protected patient information.
Release and Waiver:
I hereby release, hold harmless and indemnify, on behalf of myself and my heirs, AFFIRMATIVhealth, its owners, officer, directors, contractors, agents and employees from any and all causes of action, claim or liability on account of damage to property or person, including death, that may arise out of my participation in the RE:mind program, from whatever cause.
In the event of an unforeseen circumstance that changes your ability to attend your scheduled RE:Mind retreat, AFFIRMATIVhealth will make every effort to reschedule you for a future retreat date. However, refunds are not able to be issued.